B.F.A. 2009 Miami University, Oxford, OH: Studio Specialization in Ceramics
- 1999 – Present: Director of Doughnut Hole Revenue, Rivershark Inc. Englewood, OH.
- My responsibilities include the development of TourneyCentral, a brand dedicated to providing online event management software for youth soccer tournaments. General responsibilities at TourneyCentral are managing the development and growth of the brand, providing customer support, traveling and showing at trade shows, updating and maintaining the software.
- August 2010-October 2010: Cook, Morning Sun Cafe ; Oxford, Ohio.
- My responsibilities include opening the restaurant and running the kitchen in the morning. This entails prepping vegetables for the omelets and such, and cooking on the line until the afternoon guy comes in.
- March 2009 – October 2010: Line/Prep Cook at Steinkeller, Oxford, OH
- My responsibilities include prepping the necessary ingredients for the dinner service. The prep includes portioning, par-cooking ingredients, making sauces, and stocking the kitchen. During dinner service I am cooking on the line sautéing, making salads, desserts, or grilling.
- March 2009 – June 2010: Prep Cook at Kona Bistro, Oxford, OH
- My responsibilities include prepping the necessary ingredients for dinner service.
- January 2006 – December 2008: Studio Assistant, Miami University, Oxford, OH
- Responsibilities included was the maintenance of studio equipment in the Ceramics lab, stocking of raw materials, helping younger students with technical and conceptual problems. I also was responsible for firing and rebuilding of the kilns.
- July 2006 – January 2007: Pig Farmer, Viborg, Denmark
- Responsibilities included: Caring for around 3,000 pigs daily. The tasks were, making sure the pigs had fresh straw, making sure they had water, spotting and treating sick pigs, and keeping the pens clean, working in the fields. The field work included harvesting the straw, tilling the fields, plowing, spraying, and watering over 100 hectares. After three weeks of working, I was in charge of running the farm for a short period of time, while the owners were on vacation.
- August 2003 – April 2006: Line Cook & Register, Buffalo Wild WIngs, Oxford, OH
- Responsibilities Included: Being able to run any station in the kitchen. Keeping the kitchen environment clean and healthy. I was the primary stocker of the frozen and fresh foods. I was the the employee that ran the kitchen in absence of the Kitchen Manager. When I ran the register my primary responsibilities were to take the food orders and interact with the patrons.
- March 2009: Speaker on Social Media and the Artist, Miami University, Oxford, OH
- I was asked to give a talk to graduating art majors about developing your online communities. The talk centered around the new web 2.0 technologies and incorporating them into the creative process of art making, allowing the artist to develop their personal brand.
- March 2009: Visiting speaker, Miami University, Oxford, OH
- A fellow artist, Geoff Riggle, and I were asked to give a talk on collaboration and new technologies for a senior drawing class. We discussed the benefits and obstacles of collaborating, along with emerging trends in the field of Digital Media
- January 2009 – May 2009: Teacher’s Assistant for ART 255 Aesthetics and Computation for Ira Greenberg, Miami University, Oxford, OH
- Responsibilities included: Traveling with Ira to conferences, specifically Art&Code conference at Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, OH, to help with his teaching sessions on Processing. Also, from the day to day of his classes at Miami University I am there to help students with technical problems with developing creative software problems.
- January 2009 – May 2009: School of Fine Arts representative for the Student Technology Fee Committee, Miami University, Oxford, OH
- Responsibilities included: Reviewing the 78 grants that were submitted, and ranking them in order to decide how to distribute over $500,000 of grant money.